Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Whatcha Say


My daughter tried to explain her NCEA results a day or three ago. They were incomprehensible, partially because she didn't know what they meant, so it was a little tricky for her. Now, I'm not that concerned because I know she's bright enough (several course prizes at the end of the year and all that), but if she doesn't understand, that's pointing to room for improvement.
Perhaps I'm a bad parent for not paying enough attention to what she's doing at school, which may be something to do with my opinion that doing well at school is not the be all and end all.
I also need to remember to be grateful that I work in a profession that requires a tertiary qualification, which tend to be very binary in that you have one or you don't, as well as aptitude. It's other employers I have sympathy for.

No comments:

Post a Comment